David Beckham – Style Tips From The Icon
David Beckham is a world wide known athlete for his mind blowing moves in soccer. The ladies love him and the men want to be him. He’s not only known for his skills on the field but his dapper style. He is the style icon for men fashion. Every designer out there dreams of dressing him cause just about all men look at his style and want to adopt it.
Here we give you 5 top tips on how you can be just as handsome and dapper as the style icon himself David Beckham.
[su_carousel source=”media: 2227,2225,2226,2223,2224,2222″ width=”1260″ height=”660″ title=”no” mousewheel=”no”]
1. Confidence – The top number one is something we all should adopt no matter what our choice may be, confidence. Confidence is the key to Beckham’s fashion choices. Without a firm sense of style and a belief that you can wear it well, your best clothes can look costume-ish. To build this self affirmation, you need to spend time shopping and finding the clothes that fit best and wear the best, the pay off will be great. When you know you look good, you carry yourself better and you are more self-assured in everything you do.
2. The Hair – Beckham has sported different hairstyles throughout the years. A good haircut is part of looking good. At present, he’s sporting a messier ‘do and it’s not difficult to achieve. You need to use some hair gel and then scoop your hair upwards, to the middle. He’s known to give importance on fixing his hair, so if you want to look as good as he is, start with your hair. Fix your hair according to the shape of your face. Use hair gels to style your hair.
3. The Clothes – Wear in three’s. Beckham’s fashion statement is about layering. For a casual look, he advises to wear a great-fitting pair of jeans. Avoid wearing baggy jeans, but opt for the slim-type. Then wear a long-sleeved polo shirt with some patterns. On top of that, wear a cardigan jacket to finish off your casual look. You’ll look classy and stylish in this kind of combination. You can also wear a patterned polo shirt that peeks out from a leather jacket, and pair it with nice-fitting jeans and boat shoes.
For the Suit and Tie look he’s also famous for- Vests, dark suits in color, pinstripe, make sure the suit is well fitted, choose what you like and add an edgy accessory to it. Leather belt, chunky bracelet etc. His suits are also a study in simplicity, simple lines, impeccably tailored and simple colors. The aspect that really sets him apart, is his smart choice of accessories. The collection of beaded bracelets is a staple to his look but so also are his high-end watches. Notice how they work together and separately. Again, the key is confidence and simplicity and knowing when enough is enough. His shoes are normally fashionable but understated, even the sneakers with the suit. Another accessory that he wears well and at just the right times is the hat. They key in head wear is to have it compliment the rest of the look, it should be a natural choice and not a showpiece.
4. Change – One of his tips is don’t be afraid to change your look and image. Find what works for you and makes you feel confident and rock it. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Know the basics and start to rotate the clothes in your closet. Don’t be afraid to dress out of the box. Be fun and bold with your clothes.
5. Stay Fit and Healthy – His fitness regimen is. Workout all the time. Run everywhere you go. Seriously. OK maybe that’s a slight exaggeration, but the fact remains that no matter what clothes you buy or haircut you get, the basis of a look like Beckham’s is a lean athletic physique. If you’re carrying a few extra pounds, hit the gym harder or more consistently and be sure to watch what you eat. You don’t need to carry this out to obsessive extremes, but a smart diet and a devoted exercise program are essential. You must exercise to have a great body. He is not afraid to get a facial scrub or use men’s facial skincare. Get a good shaving kit as well.
Like Beckham, take care of yourself, dress with confidence and own it. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and change. But like he once said, Confidence is the main key to anything you choose to do in life. Whether it’s fashion or not always be confident.